It’s not a secret to anybody, I love everything named pancake. In every country they have obviously a special dish I always focus on the sweet one who looks like pancakes. I tried so many, let me list them for you if you don’t mind :
- France: crêpes
- USA – Canada: pancakes
- Algeria: Algerian spongy crepes (baghrir)
- Maroc: Msemen
- UK: Crumpets
- Lebanon – Syria – Turkey: Pita
- Inde: Chapati – Naan
- Mexico: Tortilla
- Russia: Blinis
- Japon: Dorayaki
Well this is such a great list. I tried to bake some of them at home (you can find them also in the blog) hope to share with you guys the rest of the list. Well shall we start with my recipe of the French Pancakes.
- 250g whole ground flour or Almond flour
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp of Vanilla
- 45cl of milk (oat, almond, coconut, cashew, riz…)
- 20cl of water
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil (or vegan butter)
1 tbsp of coconut sugar or coconut powder
For extra taste replace the water by orange juice or apple juice.
1. In a bowl put the flour, the salt and vanilla.
2. Add the milk and mix the ingredients together.
3. Complete with water and the coconut oil make sure that the oil is liquid.
4. Whip the melange and that’s it your French Pancakes are ready to be cooked.
Love, Hanah ♡