First post written entirely in English. That was impossible for me 4/5 years ago to express my self in English. Actually I am bilingual French/Arabic but here we are, I finally decide to post in English because I saw so any trafic from USA and UK this last month.
Well, let’s focus on the subject of this article. This days I am craving sugar and I mostly bake every week end, trying new recipes here and there. SO, for today I want to share with you how to gain 5kg of fat. This Shortbreads are delicious and here are the steps to get the result I had.
- 200 g vegan butter
- 135 g caster sugar
- 325 g plain flour/almond flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- In a bowl, cream the vegan butter and the sugar with a wooden or by using your hands
- Mix the flour and the baking powder together and add to the butter mixture.
- Knead with your hands for 1-2 minutes until the dough smooths out. Do not be tempted to add extra butter or non-dairy milk. Keep kneading until the dough smooths out and you can pick up all the little bits left in the bowl.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and place it in the fridge to chill for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- On a lightly floured board, roll out the dough and shape it (you can use different shapes, the traditional ones will be the fingers)
- Bake for 10 minutes. The edges should only have a touch of color and they should still be mostly pale. They may seem soft but will firm up when you get them out of the oven.
- Evenly dust some more caster sugar on to the biscuits while they are still warm.
- Once cool, they are ready to serve! They will keep nicely for 3-5 days.
I found this recipe on Pinterest and I really enjoyed making it. I like when there is not that much ingredients and and especially have fun. With my family we eat them drinking our favorite Ginger and Lemon Tea.
Hope you will love this angels and can’t wait to share with you more of my discoveries.
Love, Hanah ♡